Promotional products - usually imprinted with a company's name, logo or message - include useful or decorative articles of merchandise that are used in marketing and communication programs. Imprinted products that are distributed free are called promotional products. Imprinted items given as an incentive for specific action are known as premiums. Business gifts, awards and commemorative's are also considered promotional products.
Since promotional products can be used alone or integrated with other media, there are virtually limitless ways to use them. Popular programs cited most often are business gifts, employee relations, orientation programs, corporate communications and at trade shows to generate booth traffic.
They're also effective for generating new customers or new accounts, nonprofit fundraising, public awareness campaigns and for promotion of brand awareness and brand loyalty. Other uses include employee incentive programs, new product or service introduction and marketing research for survey and focus group participants. 6 Top Reasons Why Promotional Products Work:
1. Useful Promotional products are proven to be one of the most effective media available to advertisers. They're tangible, useful and highly targeted to the audience they reach, delivering the highest rate of recall and return on investment. Consider, promotional products are used in consumer's daily life, increasing reach and brand awareness. Imagine your message being delivered by a t-shirt, pen or mug, creating a personal experience people love with a product they actually use. A L.J. Market Research Study stated:
8 out of 10 people own between 1 to 10 promotional products.
1 out of 4 walk around with promo products on or with them.
75.4% of those who received a promotional product stated that they thought the item was useful.
73% of those who used the promotional product that they had received stated that they used it at least once a week.
45.2% used it at least once a day.
2. Desirable Promotional products work because they leave a lasting impression in the hearts, minds and hands of the recipients. The messages live because the products are memorable, unique and personal. They are the only medium that give people a tangible memory of their relationship with your brand. A Georgia Southern University study stated:
55% of participants generally kept the promotional products for more than a year.
22% of participants kept the promotional product that they had received for at least six months.
Wearables are the top product category, followed by writing instruments, bags, calendars and drink-ware.
3. Attractive Representing a more efficient spend over traditional brand advertising methods, custom imprinted promotional advertising items are attractive additions to a comprehensive brand management plan. Promotional Products include convenience products that are branded with the client's logo and provided to existing and potential clients for free. These products are given away to develop goodwill and name recognition. An example is the provision of a pen or other office stationery to customers of a bank or a toothbrush at a dentist's office. These types of promotional products are attractive because they give businesses the ability to efficiently reach target audiences.
4. Informative Whether Marketing, Management, Procurement, Finance, or Human Resources, cross-enterprise managers are tasked with corporate branding strategies which deliver to varied audiences. Branded advertising merchandise can convey the right message, in the right place, at the right time, to the right audience. Promotional products may be used to improve market share, encourage customer loyalty, reward and retain quality employees, drive trade show traffic, support safety initiatives, launch new products, promote an event, or dress a sales staff for success.
5. Fun Promotional products can be fun. You can put a smile on recipient’s faces when you give away fun promotional items. Novelty promotional products add a unique twist and lots of spirit to your promotion. Lighten up the mood and you can let your audience know that you appreciate the kid in them. A Promotional Products Association Industry study showed:
Promotional products have a positive impact on attitudes and behavior. Their use has a strong correlation with customer acquisition and retention.
6. They engage all the senses
Mobile, highly-targeted and inexpensive, promotional products are the only advertising medium capable of engaging all five senses. Adding your message to a tangible product turns an ordinary message into a marketing experience people can see, touch, hear, smell and even taste. A Promotional Products Association Industry study showed:
91% of consumers have at least one promotional product in their kitchen, 74% have at least one in their workplace, and 55% have at least one in their bedroom.
At Solutions in Print we maximize our clients promotional marketing dollars by combining our promotional industry experience with top-quality custom branded merchandise.
We can source and personalize virtually any promotional product you can imagine with your company’s name or logo. Contact us today to discuss how we can help you achieve prosperous corporate branding results and create lasting brand impressions.